Becoming a Volunteer
Moor Row Primary School is committed to the well-being of all pupils and we believe that our approach to managing our volunteers is a crucial part of the school’s safeguarding culture. The contribution of volunteers to the work of the school is valued and we recognise that they can bring with them a range of skills and experiences that enhance the learning opportunities of our pupils. Whilst their work is unpaid, our expectations remain high and we expect all volunteers to promote the ethos of the school and support its policies and procedures. We recognise that there may be occasions where the use of volunteers is not appropriate for academic, organisational or safeguarding reasons and our policy sets out the procedures that will be followed in the appointment, management and supervision of volunteers.
Volunteers in Moor Row Primary School include:
- Members of the Governing Body
- Parents and other family members of pupils
- Former pupils
- Students on work experience
- Local residents
- Friends and supporters of the school
The types of activities that volunteers engage in:
- Work of the Governing Body
- Being part of the Friends of Moor Row School group
- Accompanying staff and pupils on school visits
- Working with individual pupils and small groups of pupils to support their learning
- Assisting with extra-curricular activities
Our policy can be read in full below.