In Moor Row Primary School, uniform is compulsory for all children attending. This contributes towards the ethos of high expectations and creates a positive impression within the local community.
Our approach to uniform aims:
• To promote a sense of pride within Moor Row Primary School.
• To create a sense of community and belonging to the school.
• To prevent children coming to school in fashion clothes that can cause distraction in class.
• To make children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
• To provide good value for money for parents.
• To ensure that children are dressed with health and safety in mind.
Moor Row Primary School expects that all children will:
• Come to school in the correct uniform.
• Look after their uniform when in school and store it appropriately when not being worn.
Moor Row Primary School expects that all parents will:
• Support the school’s uniform policy. If there are genuine reasons, for example on religious grounds, why parents would want their child to wear alternative uniform, the school will consider such requests sympathetically.
• Ensure that their child is appropriately dressed for weather conditions.
• Label all items of school uniform clearly with the child’s name.
• Ensure that their child has appropriate PE kit and has it in school for all lessons.
• Ensure that their child’s uniform is kept clean and in good condition.
Parents and children can expect that Moor Row Primary School will:
• Monitor uniform and keep weekly records of children who fail to be adequately prepared for PE lessons.
• Contact parents if concerns arise.
• Review the uniform policy every two years.
All children from nursery to Year 6 must wear:
• Blue sweatshirt or cardigan with the embroidered school logo.
• Blue polo shirt with or without the embroidered school logo.
• Grey or black trousers. These must be plain without decoration. From September 2018, it will be grey only.
• Grey or black skirts or pinafores. These must be plain without decoration. From September 2018, it will be grey only.
• Socks and tights must be plain white, navy, grey or black.
Checked dresses and grey school shorts may be worn in the Summer term.
All uniform items can be purchased from our school supplier, One Identity using their website www.oneidentity.co.uk
Orders are placed and paid for online with deliveries made to the school.
Our full Uniform Policy is available in the Policies section of this website.