School to School Collaboration
We work in close partnership with Orgill Primary School in Egremont as part of an executive headship arrangement which was established in April 2018. This collaboration is proving to be productive for both schools and the pupils are enjoying the opportunities to work together.
In the Summer term 2018 the following activities took place:
- Orgill's Early Years Leader supported Moor Row staff in improving the quality of continuous provision and the outdoor learning environment.
- Orgill's Reading Leader supported Moor Row staff in implementing the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme.
- Orgill's English leader supported Moor Row staff in implementing the Read Write Inc. Literacy and Language programme.
- Staff from both schools took part in Maths - No problem! training together and began planning for implementation.
- Pupils from both schools came together for a Colour Run and raised a fantastic £4,164.18 for the local charity Hospice at Home.
- Key Stage 1 pupils from both schools visited the Wave Centre in Maryport for a pirate themed Mini Sing.
- Key Stage 2 pupils from both schools had some bowls coaching together at Egremont Bowling Club before entering the local schools tournament. Orgill won the large schools competition and Moor Row won the small schools.
- Orgill staff led Forest School sessions for Key Stage 1 pupils from Moor Row.
Our plans for 2018-19 so far:
- Staff from both schools will continue to work together implementing the Maths -No Problem! programme.
- Early Years staff will visit each other's settings to develop the role of the adult and ensure that interactions between staff and pupils have maximum impact upon learning and progress.
- Reading Leaders from both schools will work together to ensure that we continue to have high standards of attainment in Key Stage 1 and to increase the number of pupils in the Early Years who leave reception having achieved the expected standard.
- English Leaders will continue to work together as Moor Row implements the Literacy and Language programme to improve standards in writing. Teachers will have the opportunity to plan units of work together and share ideas.
- MyBookBlog Ambassadors from Orgill will visit Moor Row to deliver a presentation on MBB and talk to interested parents.
- Key Stage 2 pupils from both schools win enter the 2019 Rock Challenge event together and produce a collaborative performance.